Site and Story
Jeconais posted on Friday 3rd March 2006 1:49am
I figure it's time for another update.
The last few months of my personal life have been remarkable, only in it's unrelenting suckiness. Which has led to a dearth of fanfiction writing.
I have been working on version 2 of fanficauthors.net. Most of the changes when I go live with it won't be that obvious, it's a complete rewrite designed for more efficient code, and to allow for a single code base for ffa.net and the upcoming release of Personal Fanfiction Archive.
The only big changes that you will see are..
- A complete story list on ffa.net - so that you can see everything in last-updated order
- An "Author's Favourites" section, where the authors can add links to their favourite stories
- Dragable resizing of the main content area. This basically allows you to resize the width of the stories, as I personally find that on a large resolution the text is to wide to read comfortable, and while I could make the browser smaller, I'd prefer the site to let me see it how I want it.
As for fanfiction, I have managed (this morning) to get the Matryoshka Vignettes out to beta... it might be a while before its posted, as at 160+ pages, it's bigger than the end of WK,GQ. It
took me a hell of a lot of time to go through each one and fix them for continuity problems and make the time line work and be realistic. So you know what you're getting, I've added the time
Each story is written from the named characters perspective - and was a lot of fun to write, having never even tried to write from some of these perspectives before - and follow on almost immediately from the end of Perfect Situations. So, in writing order, the timeline is:
- Eternal Sleep – Severus Snape – Sat, February 21st 1998, 10:47am
- He’s Alive – Hermione Granger – Thu, August 13th 1998, 1:42pm
- Wings of a Prayer – Ginny Weasley – Sat, August 15th 1998, 4:31am
- The Unforgiving Minute – Neville Longbottom – Sat, May 2nd 1998, 10:30am
- A Thousand Miles – Ron Weasley – Mon, August 10th 1998, 11:45am
- And now for something completely different – Luna Lovegood – Wed, July 2nd 1998, 9:01am
- For the Best – Albus Dumbledore – Tue, March 15th, 2:15pm
- Father Forgive Me – Luna Lovegood – Fri, August 14th 1998, 3:58pm
- Gang aft a-gley – Albus Dumbledore – Sat, 15th August, 1998, 1:01pm
- Sing A Song of Sixpence, A Pocket Full of Weasleys (1/4) Potential - Percy Weasley – Fri, August 14th 1998, 5:28pm
- Sing A Song of Sixpence, A Pocket Full of Weasleys (2/4) Tears of a Virgin Camel - Fred and George – Sun, February 1st 1998, 11:30am
- Into the Abyss – Adam Sage – March 1st 1998, 1:02pm
- True Bravery – Neville Longbottom – Sat, May 30th 1998, 4:42pm
- A Gilded Cage – Severus Snape – Fri, October 23rd 1998, 11:15am
- A Lawyer’s Tale – A Bay Area Lawyer – Mon, June 8th 1998, 10:00am
- By The Light of a Silvery Moon – Remus Lupin – Thu, 28th July, 6:45am
- A Promise Made Is A Debt Unpaid – Minerva McGonagall – Mon, 20th April 1998
- Wings of Fire – Fawkes – Thu, July 31st 1980 to present
- Sing A Song of Sixpence, A Pocket Full of Weasleys (3/4) That's Amen-Ra, not Mumm-Ra - Bill - Fri, 10th April 1998 9:02am
- Sing A Song of Sixpence, A Pocket Full of Weasleys (4/4) 12 o'clock Charlie - Charlie - Fri, 10th April 1998 3:35pm
These stories will be posted twice, in order of writing (which I prefer) and in chronological order.
There were a couple more (Albus and the Goblins and An Island Visitor) that have been removed, as they don't really fit.
Mayjest posted a comment on Saturday 11th March 2006 12:44pm
That is a lot of Vignettes. Certainly looking forward to it. While I consider myself an H/G shipper at heart as it's really the only realistic one, i did enjoy Perfect Situations, and I especially look forward to seeing Ginny's reaction. She played her cards completely wrongly, it seems.
And I wonder if everyone will find out that Harry's still alive or not. Ah well. I certainly look forward to it.
PS, why post them all at once? Why not one at a time, once they've been beta'd?
Phht posted a comment on Sunday 5th March 2006 12:23pm
Just wondering, is there a way (at least, for multi-author site usage) to indicate which author's fic page one is on in the title/tab bar?
I'm asking because I have two HP fic pages from ffa.net in different tabs, and both have the same title ("Harry Potter") without indicating which author's page it is from. It's a small annoyance to accidentally select the wrong tab. :)
anonymous5 posted a comment on Friday 3rd March 2006 7:37pm
What Quizer said. Thanks for the exhaustive update on progress. The nail-biting will now recommence.
Quizer posted a comment on Friday 3rd March 2006 6:59am
Good to see you're still alive! :)
I can't wait to see the Matryoshka Vignettes posted here! I wonder what will come after that?
Log in using your account with us
Log in/create an account using
Retrieve your password
Simply enter your email address in below, and we will send you an email with a NEW password in it. Once you have logged in, you will be able to change your password to something a little easier to remember.